Demonstrate Your Creativity Skills:
How Do You Think This Invention Came About?
For this assignment, you are to think of an invention such as the television, the electric razor, the toaster, or the blender. You will use a website called “storyboardthat.com” to create a storyboard describing how you think this invention came about.
After completing the storyboard, you will write a brief report discussing the various steps involved in creative thinking. This will include the four (4) steps in problem solving listed on pages 246-247 of the textbook. You will also discuss at least one of the creative thinking characteristics found on page 254 that was involved in the creation of your project.
Use the Previous and Next links at the top of this page to see the example of the assignment, as well as the rubric that will be used to grade the assignment. Additional information is also provided for your benefit.
- Learning Objectives:
- As a result of completing this assignment:
- students will create a storyboard to highlight the four steps of problem solving, and at least one characteristic of creative thinking
- students will be able to explain the four steps of problem solving
- students will be able to explain at least one characteristic of creative thinking
- Time Frame for Completion:
- One (1) week